Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cupcakes 4 a Cause!

I am so incredibly blessed. I know (a fraction) of how much my Savior loves me. I have a husband who loves me and cherishes me and lets me know that on a regular basis. I know my family and friends love me. It breaks my heart to think about how many beautiful daughters of Christ don't know how much they are loved. That's why I spent my Valentine's day loving them, helping out Cupcakes 4 a Cause! I am so excited about this! My wonderful friend Eryn has an affinity for cupcakes and a huge heart for Cambodia, so she started this awesome charity combining the two! Here is a little intro to the charity that will be on her site once it launches in early March (http://www.cupcakes4acause.com/):

For most children, a cupcake is simply dessert.

For the young children sold into the Cambodian sex trade, this cupcake could mean their way out.

2 to 4 million women and children will be sold into sex trafficking in a year…

In a world where sex trafficking is the second largest organized crime…

Cupcakes for a Cause will donate 65% of all dollars spent to one of the two movements. The Somaly MamFoundation, an organization that “focuses on eradicating the root of human trafficking, exemplifying a global vision and dedication that will allow its work in the United States and South East Asia to expand to other countries around the world.”

The other movement will be Joshua Mckague, “A filmmaker that has the passion to use media as a tool to change the world.” He relies solely on donations. He travels to other countries, documenting and bringing awareness to end sex slavery.

In a world where the victims of sexual slavery are subjected to rape, torture, forced abortion, starvation, and threats to family members…

What are we willing to do to make a difference for these young victims?

Cupcakes for a Cause. Because their tomorrow begins today.

I'm so proud of my friend, and I'm proud to be a small part of this huge movement. Let's start a revolution! We live in the most powerful country in the world, let's use that power for good! Cambodia is a nation that is dying for Christ's love, this is a great (and delicious!) way to show that love!

PS- the ever talented Matt and Kate Altmix of Altmix Photography (http://www.altmixphotography.com/) donated their time this weekend and have posted some great pictures of a few of the sweet treats Eryn will be offering. Check out their blog!

No comments: